|ciphermysteries_feed||October 17th, 2017 07:40 am - Early look at Siloe’s Voynich facsimile [VIDEO]…|
If you want an early sneak peek at Siloe’s funky (but insanely expensive, naturally) Voynich facsimile, well… here it is: Enjoy! 🙂
The post Early look at Siloe’s Voynich facsimile [VIDEO]… appeared first on Cipher Mysteries.
|outofambit_feed||October 16th, 2017 10:51 am - Ophelia|
It’s going to be an interesting day. (I leave aside the local confusion over whether to properly refer to this storm “Hurricane Ophelia” or “Ex-Hurricane Ophelia.” Never mind: here she…
The post Ophelia appeared first on Out of Ambit.
|whatsblooming_feed||October 15th, 2017 12:10 pm - Oriental Lady's Thumb (Polygonum cespitosum)|
|Photographic Location: Sycamore Ridge Ranch in Middle Tennessee.|
Polygonaceae (Buckwheat Family)
For more information about this plant, Click Here.
|Photographic Location: Sycamore Ridge Ranch in Middle Tennessee.|
|ciphermysteries_feed||October 10th, 2017 09:32 pm - The Pathology of Voynich Priority…|
Diane O’Donovan has recently commented (here and elsewhere) and posted a number of times (on her own blog) about the priority of various Voynich ideas. For any given Voynich idea, who was first to mention, conceive, propose, argue, or even (puts tin hat on head and ducks) form it into a Voynich theory outlined in … Read More →
The post The Pathology of Voynich Priority… appeared first on Cipher Mysteries.
|yuletide_admin_feed||October 10th, 2017 11:48 am - 2017 Assignments Are Out!|
Yuletide 2017 assignments have been sent. You can find your assignment by:
My Sign-upMy Assignment
- checking your email, if you have collection-related emails from the Archive of Our Own enabled in your Preferences.
Stay Chill, Stay Silent
This is a secret
exchange. Don’t announce what your assignment is. Don’t reveal to your recipient who you are or what you plan to write for them. In fact, please don’t contact them at all. You can send questions through the mods at email@example.com (but please
read further in this post before you send any questions).
I have questions!!
Naturally! Right now there are three kinds of questions: questions that we would like you to send right away; questions that we ask you to hold off sending until October 15th; and questions we can’t help with at all.Questions to send immediately
Questions to hold off sending until October 15
- My assignment doesn’t have the fandoms and characters I offered - what’s wrong? - We haven’t heard this one for a while, but if that does happen to you, please email us.
- I don’t have an assignment! Where is it? - Please check that you signed up… But yes, please do let us know.
Questions not to ask us
- Could you please ask my recipient to unlock/complete their letter? - Please give them, and us, a few more days.
- I don’t understand my recipient’s prompts. Could you ask them…? - Again, please give us a few days. If your question is very general - for example, they include a term you don’t recognize - you may be able to sign in to IRC or Discord and ask other participants! Please be careful not to give away what fandom you’re writing, and for whom.
- How exactly do I fulfil my assignment? Do I have to… - Again, please give us a few days, see above question, and see the FAQ.
The FAQ may answer some of your questions.( Asking for more details through the mods )
- My assignment is terrible. Can I change it? - No. If you have an assignment that matches what you offered, please either work to fulfil it, or default.
Your assignment is due at 9am UTC on 18 December. In your timezone, that will not be the end of 18 December. It may be early. It may even still be the 17th
(If you happen to be wondering, later, “when’s the deadline again?” you can check your assignment email, or look on the 2017 Yuletide collection
- either at the top, or in the Schedule
And last and most important, have fun!
|yuletide_admin_feed||October 9th, 2017 09:03 am - Sign-Ups Have Closed - Now What?|We have closed sign-ups for Yuletide 2017, and are now running matching. This is the process of figuring out who will write for whom, so that everyone gets an assignment and an assigned author.
- Your sign-up is locked in and cannot be edited.
- The sign-up number will go down a little as we delete duplicate (glitched) sign-ups and sign-ups from banned participants.
- The sign-up summary has stopped updating. It last updated with 12 minutes to go before closing.
- If none of your offers matches another person’s request, we will contact you (generally through email) and give you a deadline by which you must either provide us with more fandoms and characters that you can write, OR choose to delete your sign-up. However, if just one of your offers matches another person’s request, you can sit tight and wait for your assignment.
- At the same time as assignments go out, we’ll send pinch hits.
- It’s a good idea to check the email associated with your AO3 account, as we may use it to contact you - not just if you’re unmatchable, but also if your author has questions for you.
Assignments will go out by 15 October, but may go out earlier. Please ensure that if you are writing a letter, it is complete by the end of 15 October in your time zone.
Here we go!
|yuletide_admin_feed||October 8th, 2017 09:02 am - Last Day to Sign Up to Yuletide 2017|9am UTC on 9 OctoberYuletide 2017 sign-ups end at
. This is the last day to sign up.Here is a countdown
.Here are sign-up instructions
Here is us wishing you good luck to get your sign-up in, if planning to!Note
: If you intend to write a letter to your author (this is optional) (and different from the Optional Details which Are also Optional), please make sure that you put the link in your sign-up form before sign-ups close - you can't add it afterwards, or otherwise edit your sign-up.
|yuletide_admin_feed||October 6th, 2017 09:12 am - Sign-ups end in less than 3 days|9am UTC on 9 OctoberYuletide 2017 sign-ups end at
. That may be Sunday in your timezone; if you're not sure, we advise you to complete your sign-up over the weekend. Alternately, here is a countdown
.See sign-up instructions at the previous post
.A few more notes and reminders
- Anyone who wishes to sign up but does not have an AO3 account is welcome to ask at firstname.lastname@example.org for an invitation code rather than submitting their email to the invitation queue.
- If you defaulted after the default deadline last year or previously, or you have defaulted more than once in recent Yuletides, you may not be eligible to sign up. There is at least one sign-up, from someone who defaulted in 2015 and 2016, that we will delete when sign-ups close. Please check with us if you think this may be you!
- Posting a complete story to the New Year's Resolutions 2017 collection is, in most cases, sufficient to unban you. However, you must post it before sign-ups close, and it must be:
- for a fandom that would have been small enough for Yuletide 2016;
- for a prompt that was made in a past Yuletide;
- given to a recipient.
- This is also a good time to check you can access the email associated with your AO3 account, as we may use this to get in contact with you in case of problems, or in case of questions from your assigned author.
- Selecting 0 characters - if you do not put specific character tags in a request, this means that you are open to receiving any character in the the tag set for that fandom. Your author is only obliged to write the characters they offered. Do not leave a request empty of character tags, and then demand specific characters in the optional details. If you care which nominated characters you receive, select them; if the characters you want aren't in the tag set, we advise you not to request the fandom.