1. I watched the Never Gonna Give You Up video for the first time in awhile due to that April's Fools Day post that's going around. I had correctly remembered that he is an Immortal, but I had forgotten that he is totally singing to the bartender. (It's not just me, right? He's singing to the bartender, that's the only way that video makes sense.)
2. I did darthneko's sketch-a-day calendar for March after I saw sholio post about it! I haven't mentioned it before now because I had no idea whether I would actually finish or not, but it was super-fun.
( scan under cut )
I did it in ballpoint with no undersketching and minimal pre-planning and deliberately picked a kind of thing I am not practiced at drawing. It definitely deserves Ursula Vernon's "you are allowed to make bad art" stamp but it was really fun and I am fond of the result. It was supposed to be a giant massive spectacular spaceship but I got the scale really wrong on the first couple days so it ended up being the spaceship equivalent of a Winnebago that was parked in somebody's back pasture for twenty years. I am pretty okay with this. Boy did I not manage consistent lighting or perspective, though! (but the wavy bit in the rings is not me misjudging my curves, it's a shepherd moon. definitely.)
3. I also made a very hungry caterpillar! For a baby shower that was two weeks ago. Ooop.
I used a different texture for every section because when I was little I really loved cloth toys with different textures, but maybe most babies aren't into that? idk. It was a fun way to use stash, anyway.
4. I have started re-shelving my nonfiction by dewey decimal number! I HATE THE RULE OF APPLICATION SO MUCH
(I'm using dd because it's what we use at work, I don't need to be convinced there are better systems. I am actually making up my own system for my books, mostly because the ptb suddenly and without input banned us from doing anything "non-work-related" on the work computers regardless of how bored we are when it's slow, so I am pretending inventing my own private classification system is work-related. It does not have any rules - I made the major divisions and most of the second-level ones and am now classifying my nf using the "random book" option on LT, putting things wherever they feel right, and I will later go back and try to figure out what rules I was using. Should be fun!)
5. There has been a sudden surge of OMGCHECKPLEASE love on my reading list the last couple days!
6. Cat pic?
( cat pic )